Online Services

Cancel your Appointment Repeat Prescription Ordering Update your Patient Contact Details Update your patient Medical Record by completeing our health questionnaire Contact by Email Consent

Health Websites

Your Health: Access Local & National Health Resourses Call NHS 111 when it is less urgent than 999 NHS Choices Patient UK Department of Health

Frequently Asked Questions

This section provides answers to questions we frequently get asked:

How Do I ... Register with the Surgery ?

The Practice has partially closed its books to new patients - Please contact the Practice for further information.

Do I live within your Practice Area ?

To find out if you live within our practice area, and can therefore register with us, take a look at our practice catchment area.

How Do I ... Make an Appointment ?

The procedure for making an appointment is given on our appointments page. You can also find out about opening hours etc on our home page.

How Do I ... Cancel an Appointment ?

It is very important to inform us if you cannot attend an appointment. You can cancel your appointment via this web site. Instructions for cancelling appointments.

How do I obtain medical advice and the surgery is closed ?

Information on what to do when the surgery is closed can be found here.

How do I request a home visit ?

View our Home Visits page for details.

How Do I ... Check-In for my Appointment on Arrival at Reception ?

To reduce queues at the desk and free up a receptionist to deal with enquiries and bookings, we have installed a 'Touch Screen' check in system.

Simply go to the screen to the right of the stairs and choose a few simple options to register your arrival. If you are unsure what to do the first time, any member of staff will be willing to help you - just ask.

You can also report to the reception window and let the receptionist know you have arrived.

How Do I ... Order Repeat Prescriptions ?

There are many options available for sending us your repeat prescriptions. Instructions for ordering your Repeat Prescriptions.

How Do I ... Get the most out of a consultation ?

Advice on how you can get the most out of your consultation with the doctor can be found here.

I am a carer do you need to know ?

Yes, please tell us if you are a Carer.

How Do I ... Change my Address and Tel No ?

You can tell reception in person, call us or write to us. Full details on how to inform us of a change of address/tel no.

How do I get advice or help on how to stop smoking ?

Please ask for an appointment in the nurse-run smoking cessation clinic if you need advice or help on how to stop smoking.

I am unhappy with my medication, what should I do ?

Please come to discuss the matter with your doctor before simply discarding any medicines.

How do I obtain a result to a recent laboratory test ?

Details on how and when to obtain your test results can be found here.

I am living in the area temporarily and am not registered with a local doctor, can I get medical help ?

Yes, our procedure for temporary residents can be found here.

How Do I ... See my Medical Records ?

Information on Medical Records Access can be found here.

What do I do if a death occurs in the family ?

If a death occurs in the family, what you need to do depends on the circumstances of the death.

If the death occurred at home:

  • Telephone the doctor, who will visit to confirm death has taken place.
  • The doctor will issue a certificate of cause of death or tell you where and when it can be collected.
  • Tell the doctor (if you can) whether the deceased is for cremation or burial.
  • Contact the funeral director who will visit and take the deceased into his care.

When death occurs in hospital:

  • Contact the funeral director as soon as you can to inform them that their services will be required.
  • Telephone the hospital administrator or the hospital ward to arrange collection of the certificate of cause of death. This will be issued by one of the hospital doctors who looked after your relative.
  • Tell the administrator (if you can) whether the deceased is for cremation or burial.

When death is sudden or a result of an accident:

  • If at home, telephone the doctor who will confirm that death has taken place.
  • The doctor will contact the coroner's office.
  • A police officer will need to contact the funeral director. You will be asked if you have a preference for a particular funeral director; if not, the duty one will be called. Please remember the duty funeral director is acting for the coroner at this time, the final choice of funeral director is yours.
  • Contact the funeral director of your choice as soon as you can for further advice. The deceased can not be buried or cremated until a death certificate has been issued either by the coroner or by the doctor (with the coroner's permission).

What to do next:

  • Make an appointment to take the certificate of cause of death to the Registrar's Office. Also, take the deceased's medical (NHS) card if available.
  • The registrar will register the death and issue you with a certificate, benefits agency form, and a green form. After collecting the green form from the registrar, take it along to the funeral director or telephone for a home visit; they will take over complete responsibility for arranging the funeral.
  • Following a death reported to the coroner, contact the funeral director as soon as possible - do not wait for a certificate to be issued. The coroner will arrange for the death certificate to be issued when his/her investigations are complete. 

How do I get the help of an interpreter ?

Please ask a receptionist to book an interpreter who speaks your language. Your appointment time may be limited by the availability of this service.

How do I ... Find out what is on this web site ?

You can use the main menu to look through the items available, or if you are looking for something in particular use the search tool in the top right of every page - Just enter your keywords and press the 'Search' button. This will search the site and provide a list of any pages, news articles or 'Your Health Resources' which include your keywords.